Wednesday 16 November 2005, 1:31 pm
We are so ignorant that we don't even know what to pray for or what to
ask others to pray for. But here are some things that come to mind:
- Please pray that our travels will be smooth and safe.
- Please pray that we will be kept healthy throughout the trip. We both
have food allergies, and we won't be able to eat much of the food that
will be provided for us, but we are praying that God will "suspend"
our food allergies while we are working for him. Also, my back has
been acting up and it might limit the kinds of work I can do, so we're
praying for divine healing.
- Please pray that God will bring us in contact with just the people
that our own experience will enable us to help. We feel that God has
chosen us for this mission, and he will use us to accomplish things
that others could not.
- Please pray for courage in witnessing and evangelism. We are both
weak in this area but we expect God to use this experience to encourage
- Please pray for those who are ministering in Mississippi now, and
those who will be coming to Mississippi after we leave. Also pray for
the CityTeam volunteers who are there longer term. Pray that God will
give them wisdom, grace, encouragement, and power to do God's work.
- Please pray that we will not be discouraged.
- Please pray for the people in the shelters, that God will use this
situation to change their lives in a good way.
May God bless all of you who are praying for us. Thanks!